Sunday, March 9, 2008

Two birds, or something like that.

Tonight I was able to cross two things off of my semi-existent, ever-growing, list of things I'd like to do (in general as well as before we head back to Canada).

Tonight I was able to see a show by the Icelandic band Múm at the world famous Paradiso in Amsterdam. I missed Múm when they performed at the Icelandic music festival in the fall, as we opted for Patty Smith at the Crossing Borders festival with my brother. After seeing both, the decision was a good one, but that shouldn't undermine the incredible experience of seeing Múm live.

And to top that off, it all went down at the Paradiso, an old church that was transformed into Amsterdam's version of the Commodore Ballroom. Every aspect of the sound was perfectly balanced. Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera so this post will have to remain a bit anti-climactic for the majority of you. However, it was so good that I think I'll be taking a couple of hour long train rides to see a few more shows before we go. I'll be sure to remember my camera and document the stained glass next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Ross and Grace
Well I bet you cannot wait to see your parents as they should be there soon. Good for them doing this may as well if you have the chance to do it. They are also going to visit england to see our cousins there and meet them as well.Have a wonderful time when do you plan on coming back to Canada? or are you staying there for good? well better close talk soon from kathie and jake all mylove miss you lots

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.