Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Pakjesavond


It's December 5th, meaning that tomorrow is none other that Sinterklaas' birthday (it's the reason he comes all the way from Spain, you know.) Tonight is the traditional night for exchanging gifts delivered by Sinterklaas and the Zwart Peiten. The way children let Sinterklaas know they would like some gifts is to sing Sinter-songs loudly up the chimney. Ross & I don't know any, so I don't think he's coming to our house tonight.

But he did the other day! From the time he arrives in late November until December 6th, he can leave little treats in your shoes for you to find when you wake up in the morning. And on Saturday morning Ross & I found chocolate letters in our shoes!


Chocolate letters are a Sinterklaas tradition. Usually you receive the first initial of your name, like I did.


So far, Pakjesavond is quite balmy. I'm only mentioning this because I know you're all freezing, but it's currently +12°C, and it's 9pm! Who needs presents when you've got beautiful weather?

1 comment:

brian milne said...

So someone came into your apartment, and put chocolate letters in your shoes, while you were sleeping?