Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hup Holland Hup!

If you're a soccer fan, you're probably aware that the Euro Cup is currently happening, and last night Holland defeated Italy in a very important match. Italy, being the world champions, is tough team to beat but the boys from Oranje did it.

We had the game on, but I wasn't watching it the whole time. Luckily I didn't need to: you see, I was able to follow the action as I could hear the reactions of everyone else in The Hague through my open windows.

Immediately following the game, the honking started. I'm not sure what time it stopped, but I do slightly remember hearing our neighbor's after party at about 3:30 in the morning. I woke up to the strangest music. It was like he was playing a record of the Dutch national anthem.

The next game is on Friday. It's going to be a big one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ross and Grace!

I stumbled onto your wonderful blog when I was googling for students' blogs in the Netherlands, and I am glad to have read this one, among others.

I am going to do my Masters in Delft later this year in September, and thanks to your descriptions of the various landmarks there, I cannot wait to start!

Just wanted to ask about how I should plan my budget, once I get there? How many euros a day am I looking at, in terms of food and such? Rent is covered, I think I know how much to spend a month for that. It's just the daily expenses I am concerned about.

Anyway, great blog, you two seem really awesome, and I wish you both the best in your future endeavors.

PS The Dutch team rocks, but I am rooting for either Spain or Portugal to win it!! :p

Ezanee, Malaysia.

ezaneegires@gmail.com