Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dooi Holland

Okay, this is going to be quick ...

Ross & I have left Holland. It was a ton of work, and a tearful goodbye, but the time came. We do plan to do a final post, but now is not the time.

Then somewhere between Charles De Gualle Terminal Three in Paris and Calgary International, I lost my wallet containing every important piece of information pertaining to both Canada and Holland. You name it, I lost it, as well as a totally rad Frietag wallet that I scored in Rotterdam. So, those first few hours on Canadian soil were not spent relaxing and enjoying my family, but on hold calling several Lost and Found departments on both sides of the Atlantic. (This even included speaking in French (!!!) to an employee in Paris.) No luck, but I have taken all appropriate measures to protect against identity theft.

We're in SF, and house hunting is way harder than expected. To get an apartment here, you have to provide all information about yourself, short of your fingerprints and names of childhood friends. While I'm at my new job (which is great) Ross is pounding the pavement and checking out very expensive tiny apartments.

Once we find a place and get internet, then we will update.

Also, I was kind of toying with the idea of continuing blogging this next adventure ... we'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ross and Grace
I hope you do keep up the blog as I enjoy reading on what you are doing as you have done a wonderful job on it. I have talked to your parents a couple of times since they saw you and they said that you were happy.Well nothing much new here with me just busy with work and trying to stay cool happy apartment hunting take care from kathie and jake all my love

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hows it going? that sucks that you lost your wallet!!! What a headache. I hope you keep blogging, cause its cool to see and read about all the cool things you guys do. Well I hope you guys can find a good and affordable apartment. I would to see pictures of it when you finally get one!!!!!!!!!! Hope all is well and I will talk to ya soon.

Staci

Unknown said...

I love you both.

rossmilne said...

and we love gilli.