Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dooi CabFab

Last week, my employer at my second job offered me full-time work. Although working at two different Dutch design studios has been a great experience, I knew it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I told my employer at Job #1 on Monday. My contract states I have to give one month's notice, so I was expecting to start full-time at Job #2 on March 1st. But . . . things are really slow in the studio right now, and she decided that for me to start February 1st was better (honestly, I had no idea she was that willing to get rid of me! :)

So, today was my last day. It felt strange. It was such an accomplishment to get the job in the first place that I can't believe I just left it. We had tea and cake with some members of other studios and I said my thank-yous and goodbyes. It really was a fantastic experience in an amazing place. I can only hope I am fortunate enough to work in such a creative environment again.

Here are some more photos of the beautiful factory:








Goodbye CabFab.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Ross and Grace
Congratulations of the job. Hope they have more comfortable seats for you to sit on in your new work place.I am keeping busy with work and such. I have put in for my holidays already as the board was getting full with other ones booking their holidays.I am going to go to July fest this year. well better close have a few things to do and then have to head into town to do laundry take care much love from kathie and jake

Megatron said...

I loved that factory. I mean, not that I've been there, but I loved it. Especially that round table that looked like an ashtray.