Saturday, January 26, 2008

A full circle

Three years ago, I created the book, Typography for Bowlers.


Last night I went bowling with the typographers.





Disco bowling was pretty much the same as any other time I've been bowling with one exception: the shoes. This bowling alley was so relaxed about the shoes! Usually it's like trying to cross a border just to get your footwear, but here you just chose your own pair, and wore them wherever you wanted. I'm pretty confident we all could have worn them home and no one would have noticed.

The bowling alley had more of a lounge aesthetic, as opposed to the florescent lighting/molded plastic 70s aesthetic that I associate with the sport.


"Disco" is kind of a misnomer. "Techno" is definitely more accurate. Or, Dance Mix '92-Bowling if we want to get specific. Here's Ross' classmates pumpin' up the jam.


(Pump it up. )


A slice of my life's work is now complete.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha.