Monday, October 8, 2007

Another Day, Another Interview

I just got back from my fourth interview. It was at this place. You would think that I should be getting the hang of interviewing by now, but I am still just as bumbling as ever.

Something bad happened on the way to the studio; my bike chain fell off. I knew I wasn't to far so I quickly weighed my options:

1) Put the chain back on and get my hands all greasy. Deny the initial handshake when introducing myself and instead ask to use their washroom to clean my filthy hands, or,
2) Run.

I chose option two and ran. It wasn't far, but it was a good 10-15 minute run. It was made more complicated by the fact I wasn't wearing appropriate shoes, and had to juggle my portfolio and work. At least is wasn't raining, and the scenery was nice. I was running along a canal, and I got to run right by the palace. The guards said "Hallo" as I zoomed past. I was enjoying the autumn colours along the canal so much I ran right by the studio, and had to turn back.

I was worried about being late, so I made the mistake of not waiting to cool down for a minute before ringing the bell. When the man who interviewed me answered the door I was catching my breath, very hot, and I'm sure, red-faced. My hair that I so carefully coiffed before leaving the house was starting to frizz and curl in less than desirable places. How awkward!

As I started talking I was still in running mood, and I just started racing through my work. The man actually told me to slow down. I wasn't expecting much from the interview since I assumed I'd already blown it, but it went surprisingly well. He said they don't have any positions open, but he would be sure to recommend my to any another studio if he knew they were hiring, or would call me if something came up. Not bad, eh? In fact, I'd say it was my best interview to date.

You just never know, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Acing an interview at the same time as getting in your cardio workout for the day. Now that's multi-tasking!! What an awesome woman you are!!