Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Stop what you're doing and put your hands up.

As you can guess, Ross & I have been really busy lately. We've both been working constantly, and then spent the last weekend in Amsterdam with his parents. It was wonderful, and I'll post pictures maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, though, I though I'd share a detail of my afternoon.

Around 4pm I was sitting at my desk at work, and gazed out the window to watch the barges float by. All of a sudden, a policeman pointing a gun runs past the window. I yelled out "Oh my God!" as my boss and I run to the window to witness five policemen converge on one man. As they all pointed their guns at him, he got to the ground, surrendered his gun, and they arrested him. Supposedly the man fired a shot at the policeman but we didn't hear it.

So, I know you're all wondering what the hell kind of ghetto-neighborhood I work in, but I can assure you this was freakier than the freakiest accident ever. The Hague makes Vancouver look like South-Central L.A., and this was probably the only shooting in the city's 400-year history. I had a front row seat!

Dramz!

2 comments:

Megatron said...

I heard gunshots today too! But mine were for a Steven Segal movie that was being filmed next to our office. Jealous? Steven Segal, what a heartthrob.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ross and Grace
I do not think I would have being going to the window . I would have hidden under a desk or another part of the building until it was safe to come out after it was all over. You seem to have an exciting life there. Happy Halloween take care much love from kathie and jake just busy working and learning the ropes of my new job.