Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What's "herbal refreshment" in Spanish?

As discovered on a wrong turn in Madrid:


For those of you not familiar with the face above, it is Fat Freddy Freak, the biggest and the baddest of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, an underground comic book from the late sixties/early seventies-ish. All of the the Fabulous Furry Freak Brother's adventures are centered around the quest for "herbal refreshments." Honestly though, it's not just some lame stoner comic; it's really well done, quite witty, and has stood the test of time. If you can find it, look it up. Maybe if you ask me nicely, I'll show you the copies I was given when I come home.

I was introduced to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers by my Uncle Gordon, and I've always thought if he was one of the Freak Bros., he'd be Fat Freddy (the biggest and the baddest, I said.)

So I post this today in memory of Gordon Partridge,
October 31, 1946 – September 12, 2006.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful testament Grace!!