Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Typographic Superheroes

One thing that has occurred to me over the last few days is how strange it is to be studying under such profound and important people in the field of typography. There have been at least two instances over the last week where – during a class discussion – I have been reminded of an example of a project undertaken by this designer or that designer, and have felt sharing it would be a relevant addition to the discussion. Both times this happened, I slowly raised my hand indicating I had something to say and then quickly realized that the designer behind the project I wished to discuss was actually one of my teachers. I cannot say exactly why, but the idea of using this as an example became quite odd and I felt a bit silly for thinking of it. In both cases, I quickly withdrew my intention to speak.

I am sure this will happen many more times in the future.

No comments: